Formed in 1996 in Flint, MI, under the leadership of Bettina Campbell, LMSW, Executive Director, YOUR Center responded to a community-wide survey that identified gaps and barriers that have prevented Genesee County residents in transforming these communities to higher performing neighborhood, districts and cities.
YOUR Center began addressing some of the identified needs by becoming an authority in HIV/AIDS awareness and education. Moving forward, YOUR Center has been a pillar in the Flint and Genesee County area - assisting, serving, and advocating for area residents.
In 2006, Associate Executive Director, Terrance Campbell noticed the increasing technological gaps that community-based organizations (including faith-based institutions) faced as they attempted to build technical capacity in their agencies. These gaps were even broader in the educational arenas, as it relates to the technical competency needed to compete in the global economy.
In response, YOUR Center has expanded its scope employing STEAM in the form of Cybersecurity, Animation, and Health Informatics principles to develop, implement, and evaluate in-school, afterschool, weekend, and residential programs that building the capacity of adolescents (12 – 24) and older adults (50+) to mobilizing against STI/HIV and other chronic illnesses in Genesee County, Southeastern, Michigan, and beyond.
Marketing and Branding Services
- Community Report Out/Project Update Sessions
- Youth Conference Planning and Implementation
- Interactive and Social Media Product Development
- Website Design, Training, and Maintenance
Health and Human Services
- HIV Counselling, Testing, and Referrals
- STI/HIV Prevention and Awareness Capacity Building
- STI/HIV Prevention and Awareness Workshops
- Internships (High School and College)
- Maternal and Infancy Health Advocacy
Community Economic Development Services
- Needs Assessment/Asset Mapping
- Curriculum/Program Development and Evaluation
- Community Building/Social Media Workshops